For many, memories of the rituals of university convocation fade away in a hurry as graduands and guests scurry away from the usually crowded arena switching focus on pleasantries and refreshments.
More than twenty months have passed since the 2009/2010 set of medical students passed out from the University of Benin (UNIBEN), but the stories of Dr Daisy Okonofua has continued to resonate on the internet and other places.
Personifying the age long phrase “beauty and brains”, Belinda, the beautiful medical doctor, who currently practices at the University College Hospital, Ibadan, held staff and students of the UNIBEN spell bound as she emerged best graduating student in 2017, taking along every other accolade on her path.
Dr Daisy’s feat includes 11 different award which she garnered from from different assessments.
Among others, she clinched the NMA Prize for the overall best graduating medical student. She also graduated as the best student in pharmacology, child health, mental health, obstetrics and gynecology.
Daisy is definitely a chip of the old block as both of her parents are accomplished medical doctors.
Her father, Prof Friday Okonofua is the pioneer Vice Chancellor of the Ondo State University of Medical Sciences. He served as Special Adviser to former President Olusegun Obasanjo on health.
Her mother, Belinda Okonofua is also a medical doctor and consultant anesthetist.
INSPIRATION: From uneducated hairdresser to parliament, Ghanian MP narrates her story
Ama Sey, whose full name is Mercy Adu Gyamfi has narrated how she rose from being an uneducated hairdresser onto the floor of parliament.
Mercy Adu Gyamfi gained popularity when she beat the National Democratic Congress’ bigwig, Baba Jamal in the 2016 general election
The form-4 leaver indicates that she had been mocked for her inability to speak English well but never gave up on the ambition- According to Ama Sey, she wept the day she entered parliament because she was overwhelmed by the reality of her achievement.
Telling her powerful story in a recent interview on Asempa FM’s Ekosii Sen programme, Ama Sey said she literally shed tears after entering the floor of Parliament because she never imagined it would be possible to have a person like herself reach that height.
In her own narration: “I never imagined an illiterate like me will have such an opportunity so I cried when I entered Parliament”.
The form-4 leaver gained popularity when she beat the National Democratic Congress’ bigwig, Baba Jamal in the 2016 general election. It came to many as a surprise after the underdog and political neophyte thwarted the parliamentary ambition of Mr Jamal.
Ama Sey says she has now realised the work in parliament goes beyond educational background adding that the people of Akwatia chose her because they believe she represents their best interests which are to champion the cause of her people and bring development to the area.
Romantic Gift Ideas Any Nigerian Lady Would Love On Valentine’s Day
A So if you are a sharp guy and really want your sweetheart to swoon this Valentine’s Day and beyond, try giving her any of these 7 gifts listed below:
1. Candlelight Dinner: Treat her with a romantic candle light dinner at her favorite restaurant along with Wine or Champagne and she would love it. Hand feed her at a candle lit table to some great music on a lovely night and say words of love. Nothing can move a woman more than words of love from the man she loves. But make sure you team it up with some alternate gifts too like Flowers or even a Chocolate you can share. It won’t be a bad idea to cook a special meal for her on a valentine’s day and freeing her from the responsibility of cooking on that day.
2. Gadgets: It is no news that Nigerian girls are very tech savvy and they surely love gadgets. Think smartphones, iPads, Tablets and even laptops… this would surely make your lady smile. If you step it up a little and give her the latest Android device or better still, the wave-making iPhone , you can be sure she will love you even more and cherish it for a very long time.
3. Jewelry: You’ve heard this a million times that Diamonds are a girl’s best friend and that is so true. But what if you don’t earn enough pay to afford a diamond jewelry? Jewelry wins the race with any woman as a romantic gift. There are hardly any women who cannot resist gold or gemstone jewelry. Silver or Platinum jewelry are welcome too as gifts. When you give jewelry try not to go for fakes. If you cannot afford a 22 carat go for 14 carat jewelry rather than gifting fakes.
4. Propose to her on Valentine’s Day: If you are going steady with your girlfriend and want to marry her nothing can be more romantic than proposing marriage and proclaiming your love and commitment to her by putting a ring on her finger! Buy her a ring and propose marriage to her on Valentine’s Day. This is one awesome thing you can give your lady which is surely priceless.
5. Perfumes: Perfumes make excellent romantic gifts if chosen wisely. If your woman is brand conscious make sure that you don’t pick up a cheap perfume for her from the street shop. You can buy her favorite fragrance, or make a new pick and encourage her to try another.
6. Pamper her with a Gift Voucher: If you just don’t know what to buy, you can give her a gift voucher to a good online store or mall where she can make a choice herself. Most women like luxury spa items that help to relax and unwind, so a gift voucher to a Spa would be a great idea. All women like pampering. You can pamper her with a nice massage if she is willing.
7. A Night out: Women like to spend quality time along with their partner or like others to see you two as a couple. Take her for a Movie or Play she wants to watch. You could also take her for a Valentine’s Day Party where you could dance together to the music. Whatever you decide on, make sure you enjoy your day with that special one and have a great time together.
Business9 months ago
NDDC BOARD: SENATOR PETER NWAOBOSHI AND OTHER SENATORS SCREEN NOMINEES
News2 months ago
Gunmen invade cemetery, exhume, move away with body of Rivers council boss who died of COVID-19
News6 months ago
How Two Secondary School Students Sold Their Colleagues To Ritualists In Ogun State