Connect with us

News

Tinubu cannot be Nigeria’s president, I’ll contest against him – Bode George

Published

on

A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and former Deputy National Chairman of the party, Chief Olabode George has said he will contest for 2023 presidency if national leader of the All Progressive Congress, APC Bola Tinubu decides to contest.

e PDP chieftain said Tinubu should not be the president of Nigeria because he is not a good manager of resources and has no respect for the poor.

Speaking to DailyTrust, Pa George said “The moment I read that the APC will zone the Presidency to the South-West so that Bola can contest, I said to myself, I have put in far more and I would contest against him.

e PDP chieftain said Tinubu should not be the president of Nigeria because he is not a good manager of resources and has no respect for the poor.

Speaking to DailyTrust, Pa George said “The moment I read that the APC will zone the Presidency to the South-West so that Bola can contest, I said to myself, I have put in far more and I would contest against him.

Why? Because we all experienced what he did as a manager of this state. Whatever it takes, if he comes out, I’ll fight against him.

“To be assertive and to confirm, I am very much interested in the presidential race.

Asked if he had a personal disagreement with Tinubu, George said he just disapproves of the national leader’s methodology and has no personal issues.

There is nothing personal. It is just about his methodology, his system of governance, the lack of respect for the poor people of this country.

“My major interest is not in being a candidate or becoming the president of Nigeria but finding a solution to various challenges plaguing the country,” George added.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Global

Chadian troops free Nigerian soldiers in captivity, kill 100 terrorists

Published

on

In continuation of reprisal attacks following killing of 100 of its members in Magumeri, a local government in the northern part of Borno, Chadian troops have again dealt a major blow on Boko Haram insurgents.

West Africa Reporters on Sunday , quoting sources from the Lake Chad region disclosed that Nigerian soldiers in the sect’s captivity were freed as the Chadian soldiers were hitting the Boko Haram insurgents hard.

It said the insurgents were fleeing and that President Idriss Déby has been moving around in a chopper to monitor Boko Haram destruction.

Borno is the major hotbed of Boko Haram crisis in Nigeria.

According to West Africa Reporters on Sunday, Nigerian soldiers in the sect’s captivity were freed.

It quoted sources from the Lake Chad region as saying the Chadian soldiers are hitting the Boko Haram insurgents hard.

It said the insurgents were fleeing and that President Idriss Déby has been moving around in a chopper to monitor Boko Haram destruction.

Deby ordered the operation after the terror group killed over 90 soldiers in Boma nearly two weeks ago.

He called it the worst attack ever on the country’s military and vowed to ensure the crush of Boko Haram around the Lake Chad region.

There are over 20 villages in the area.

Continue Reading

Governance

COVID19: Lagos govt confirms 119th case as national total reaches 224

Published

on

COVID19: Nigeria Records Second Death AS Five Patients Are Discharged in Lagos

Six new cases confirmed by the Lagos State Government on Sunday has raised the number of Coronavirus infections in the state to 119.

The Commissioner of Health in the state, Akin Abayomi disclosed on his verified Twitter handle that that 24 patients have so far been discharged, following their recovery from the disease.

In a series of tweets, the commissioner wrote: “Update as at 11.20a.m, 5th April, 2020. Six cases of COVID-19 confirmed, bringing total confirmed cases to 119.

“A COVID-19 patient was discharged on 4th April, 2020. The numbers of COVID-19 patients who have fully recovered and discharged are now 24.”

Recall that the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) had confirmed ten new cases of coronavirus on Sunday.

The new cases were recorded in Lagos, Abuja and Edo thereby bringing the total number to 224.

Continue Reading

News