Stay in this Valentine’s Day if you want to avoid busy restaurants and enjoy an intimate night in. Surprising your boyfriend at home is best if you’ve been together for at least a couple of months. Whether you live together or not, you can make a night in very special.
1. Set a romantic scene
Create a romantic environment in his or your home as a surprise after a long day at work. Set the mood with candles, special lighting, music and anything else that he likes and get ready for a romantic night in.
2. Movie night in
Set up an in-home movie night by loading up the couch with soft blankets and plenty of pillows. If you want to go all out, use a projector and screen (a TV works just as well). Pop some popcorn, gather up his favorite candy, get cozy and enjoy a great film together.
3. Make art together
If he likes creating art, set up all the supplies and have his drink of choice waiting for him when he gets home. If you are an artist and he has expressed interest in learning before, set up a one-on-one lesson for him. He will love creating something with you that he can display and see every day.
4. Create a grand entrance
Surprise him right when he walks through the door with a grand entrance that leads him to a second surprise. Aside from the classic rose petal trail, you could decorate the foyer with balloons or streamers and a trail of photos of the two of you. You could even change things up with a trail of wrapped candy or a message spelled out letter by letter.
5. Give him a spa treatment
Although they may not admit it, men need pampering too. Help him de-stress by drawing him a bubble bath, giving him a manicure and pedicure or a relaxing massage. A possible gift idea to add could be a shaving kit or comfy bathrobe.
6. Music and dancing
Create your own intimate dance by mixing fast and slow songs in a personalized playlist. You should only do this if you already know that he loves to dance, otherwise he may feel too shy to bust a move with you.
How to Surprise Your Boyfriend Away from Home
If you and your boyfriend usually like to stay in, switch it up by taking him out for Valentine’s Day. Make sure that you make arrangements and reservations well in advance as places book up fast during the week of Valentine’s Day.
7. Plan an outdoor adventure
Take your boyfriend on a romantic outdoor adventure like a hike to a viewpoint, camping, kayaking or backpacking. Turn your phones off and enjoy each other’s company and nature’s beauty.
8. Take him out of town
Get a change of scenery and book a weekend trip getaway. The destination you choose should reflect his interests — some possible destinations include wineries, big cities, the countryside or the seaside.
9. Take him on a shopping spree
Has your boyfriend has been complaining about needing new clothes? If it’s too tricky to shop for his size or style on your own, surprise him with a shopping spree. He’ll love having you as his personal shopping assistant and getting your feedback because he’s really only trying to impress you anyway.
10. Wine or beer tasting tour
If your boyfriend is a wine snob or beer lover then take him on a local tasting tour. Scope out the best breweries and wine bars nearby and take him to taste the best your city has to offer. If you don’t want to drive or taxi around, handpick a selection and have the tasting at home.
11. Take him to a show or game
Look up some of his favorite music groups and teams and see if they’ll be in your area. This surprise is a date and a gift that he’ll love. It’s okay to pick a show or game that doesn’t fall close to Valentine’s Day, it will be a fun date to look forward to!
12. Drive-in movie date
The drive-ins are much more romantic than the movie theatres. Bring blankets, drinks and your favorite snacks and enjoy a movie under the stars without ever having to leave your car.
13. Indulge his adrenaline junkie side
If your boyfriend has an adrenaline junkie side, look into an activity he’s been impassioned about. Some of these activities might include outdoor and indoor skydiving, paragliding or parasailing. If he likes activities like motocross or mountain bike riding, look into bike accessories he needs.
14. Do a class together
Doing a class together is a great way to connect with your boyfriend in a fun new setting. Some class ideas include cooking, art, baking, dancing, mixology and massage. Couples who learn and grow together, stay together.
CULLED FROM: www.proflowers.com
INSPIRATION: From uneducated hairdresser to parliament, Ghanian MP narrates her story
Ama Sey, whose full name is Mercy Adu Gyamfi has narrated how she rose from being an uneducated hairdresser onto the floor of parliament.
Mercy Adu Gyamfi gained popularity when she beat the National Democratic Congress’ bigwig, Baba Jamal in the 2016 general election
The form-4 leaver indicates that she had been mocked for her inability to speak English well but never gave up on the ambition- According to Ama Sey, she wept the day she entered parliament because she was overwhelmed by the reality of her achievement.
Telling her powerful story in a recent interview on Asempa FM’s Ekosii Sen programme, Ama Sey said she literally shed tears after entering the floor of Parliament because she never imagined it would be possible to have a person like herself reach that height.
In her own narration: “I never imagined an illiterate like me will have such an opportunity so I cried when I entered Parliament”.
The form-4 leaver gained popularity when she beat the National Democratic Congress’ bigwig, Baba Jamal in the 2016 general election. It came to many as a surprise after the underdog and political neophyte thwarted the parliamentary ambition of Mr Jamal.
Ama Sey says she has now realised the work in parliament goes beyond educational background adding that the people of Akwatia chose her because they believe she represents their best interests which are to champion the cause of her people and bring development to the area.
Romantic Gift Ideas Any Nigerian Lady Would Love On Valentine’s Day
A So if you are a sharp guy and really want your sweetheart to swoon this Valentine’s Day and beyond, try giving her any of these 7 gifts listed below:
1. Candlelight Dinner: Treat her with a romantic candle light dinner at her favorite restaurant along with Wine or Champagne and she would love it. Hand feed her at a candle lit table to some great music on a lovely night and say words of love. Nothing can move a woman more than words of love from the man she loves. But make sure you team it up with some alternate gifts too like Flowers or even a Chocolate you can share. It won’t be a bad idea to cook a special meal for her on a valentine’s day and freeing her from the responsibility of cooking on that day.
2. Gadgets: It is no news that Nigerian girls are very tech savvy and they surely love gadgets. Think smartphones, iPads, Tablets and even laptops… this would surely make your lady smile. If you step it up a little and give her the latest Android device or better still, the wave-making iPhone , you can be sure she will love you even more and cherish it for a very long time.
3. Jewelry: You’ve heard this a million times that Diamonds are a girl’s best friend and that is so true. But what if you don’t earn enough pay to afford a diamond jewelry? Jewelry wins the race with any woman as a romantic gift. There are hardly any women who cannot resist gold or gemstone jewelry. Silver or Platinum jewelry are welcome too as gifts. When you give jewelry try not to go for fakes. If you cannot afford a 22 carat go for 14 carat jewelry rather than gifting fakes.
4. Propose to her on Valentine’s Day: If you are going steady with your girlfriend and want to marry her nothing can be more romantic than proposing marriage and proclaiming your love and commitment to her by putting a ring on her finger! Buy her a ring and propose marriage to her on Valentine’s Day. This is one awesome thing you can give your lady which is surely priceless.
5. Perfumes: Perfumes make excellent romantic gifts if chosen wisely. If your woman is brand conscious make sure that you don’t pick up a cheap perfume for her from the street shop. You can buy her favorite fragrance, or make a new pick and encourage her to try another.
6. Pamper her with a Gift Voucher: If you just don’t know what to buy, you can give her a gift voucher to a good online store or mall where she can make a choice herself. Most women like luxury spa items that help to relax and unwind, so a gift voucher to a Spa would be a great idea. All women like pampering. You can pamper her with a nice massage if she is willing.
7. A Night out: Women like to spend quality time along with their partner or like others to see you two as a couple. Take her for a Movie or Play she wants to watch. You could also take her for a Valentine’s Day Party where you could dance together to the music. Whatever you decide on, make sure you enjoy your day with that special one and have a great time together.
Business9 months ago
NDDC BOARD: SENATOR PETER NWAOBOSHI AND OTHER SENATORS SCREEN NOMINEES
News2 months ago
Gunmen invade cemetery, exhume, move away with body of Rivers council boss who died of COVID-19
News6 months ago
How Two Secondary School Students Sold Their Colleagues To Ritualists In Ogun State